Monday, October 29, 2012

October is almost over!

I love the month of October! We spent the first week in Tennessee with Amys family.  Camping in their backyard  was really great as we got to spend alot of time together.  Had some bonfires, roasted hotdogs and smores of coarse.  Took a trip to the Nashville Zoo, just the right size for the younger kids.  Now the leaves have turned to bright reds, yellow and orange, they don't last long!  With every breeze they swirl though the air and cover the ground.  As kids we spent alot of time raking them into piles, making make believe forts and then jumping right in! Then back to Iowa to get ready to leave for our trek west.  Spent the last couple of days with Mats family before heading out with a backyard fire and star gazing. Set off some firework left over from the 4th, that was a hit with the kids!  I always find saying good bye when we leave hard to do, I miss them already.
On the Iowa farm.

Kyler, Emily, Lane and grandpa

I 10 Texas

Happy Halloween!

The last week of October has been spent traveling toward Tucson AZ for the winter months.  This trek has been a new adventure for me as I am pulling the camper by myself.  Randy following along behind with Aunt Ruthann, he is driving her motor home. I have a new appreciation for all the driving Randy usually does!!  I have to say I was very nerves the first day, the second day and on and on.  Took a few deep breaths, put the metal to the petal  and off we go!  Since I'm the only one who has Gps and internet on my smart phone I get to be the navigator and travel guide.   How did the pioneers do it!  Travel with out cell phones and the internet?  They are my life line, need to see where the nearest gas station is up ahead or find a campground for the night?  JUST GOOGLE IT!   Radio going for company, tense muscles, sometimes white knuckle moments but now I know I can do it..

Tomorrow should be the last leg of this trip,  looking forward to seeing all our winter friends and taking walks in the desert.  Sun, fun and a swim in the pool awaits us!   Happy Trails.... Happy Halloween too!

1 comment:

  1. I've always found slow and steady makes it go easier. proud you're handling the camper and truck.

    Great road shot going through the never ending Texas.

    Love my Droid google maps as well, couldn't live without it. :)

    ReplyDelete